Actor Biographies

Michael Charrois

I began acting, writing and putting on shows in 1980 with Black Box Theatre, in my hometown of Edmonton, AB.

In 1982 I studied acting and playwrighting at the Banff School of Fine Arts. From 1984 to 1987 I was enrolled in a BA Drama program at the University of Alberta. I left the University of Alberta to do an on-the-job apprenticeship with Stage Polaris in Edmonton.

For three years I was in the five-member Resident Acting Company and from 1986 to 1998 I performed in over 30 professional family and children theatre productions at Polaris.

In 1983 I started acting and producing Fringe Theatre Festival productions. I have acted in over 30 Fringe shows in over 20 years and have toured to Saskatoon and Orlando, Florida with Fringe projects. I love the Fringe because the workers control most of the means of production.

In 1988 I became an Equity member. I have performed at most of the professional theatres in my hometown of Edmonton as well as on the road. In 1992 I became a full member of Actra. I have recorded songs, performed on radio (CBC and CKUA) and on TV and in films. In 2001 I relocated to Vancouver where I currently live and work.

From 2002 to 2006 I worked at the historic Raymond Burr Theatre in New Westminster where I acted, directed and taught drama classes. I am currently acting on stage and performing in film and television.

Visit Michael's website http://charrois.com/





Andrew McNee

Andrew is thrilled to be a part of this production of "Orphans". Some of his recent theatre credits include "The Wars" (Theatre Calgary/Vancouver Playhouse), "The Triumph of Love" (Blackbird), "Hippies and Bolsheviks" (Touchstone), "A Christmas Carol", "Vincent in Brixton" "Equus" (Vancouver Playhouse), "Crime and Punishment" (NeWorld), "Merchant of Venice" and "Comedy of Errors" (Bard on the Beach). This summer Andrew will be writing and performing the piece "Trauma Bond" with Theatre Melee, and performing in "Half Life" at the Belfry theatre in Victoria in the fall. Andrew is a graduate of Studio 58. This performance is dedicated to his brother Jay.





Michael Rinaldi

Select credits include: The Dissemblers, with Touchstone/PTC; [Sic] with Theatre Skam; The Blue Horse with Caravan Farm Theatre; The Party for Tremors Festival 2007 with Theatre Melee; Pool Sharks with Skam for the Hive Festival 2006; and Lazy Susan for Theatre Melee. Sound Designs for Famous Puppet Death Scenes with The Old Trout Puppet Workshop, and The Goat, Presentation House Theatre. Currently Directing Jonno Katz's The Spy for 2008 Fringe Circuit.
Upcoming: Trauma Bond with Theatre Melee/Rumble for Hive/Magnetic North and Summer Works Toronto.